What's Your Excuse, Now?: Tia's Midmorning Meditation

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tia's Midmorning Meditation

Life has a habit of throwing us curveballs. My life is no different. The key is how I handle those curveballs. You think by now I would’ve learned to hit them or in the very least get out of the way. But no. I see it coming and I close my eyes and hope it’ll magically go away.

Ok. Enough with the metaphor.

No matter who you are life has its ups and downs. Some can be predicted and some can’t. You don’t have to be a genius to figure that out. I guess I’m finally coming to the realization that the quality of my life isn’t just based on circumstances but much more so on my reaction to those circumstances.

Yeah, I know. That’s not exactly rocket science either. Proverbs 4:23 says “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.”

Vigilance is a strong word. Pretty much the opposite of what I’ve been doing.

Living and Learning,

Tia

No comments: