What's Your Excuse, Now?: Stand Back & Watch The Master At Work!!!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stand Back & Watch The Master At Work!!!

It’s interesting how God works.  It’s best to simply adjust your plans and let Him plan for you.  Sometimes you can see His purpose, which is usually afterwards, and sometimes you never do.  Then again, we guestimate what His purpose his anyway.  Case in point, myself.  I was supposed to be off on a Saturday in two weeks.  My schedule was changed to take this Sunday off because I was needed that Saturday.  Of course, I had a mild attitude but I adjusted because I decided to use this in my favor as time-off in the future.  Still I was a little depressed because this is also the same time period three years ago when my mom made her transition from this world.  It’s still a very tough time for me because I really do miss her.  It’s even harder just to discuss this but I think it is necessary to show how good God is and how His wisdom and plans for us supersedes anything we have for ourselves.  Besides, I don’t care if you don’t believe in God, I do.  It’s your thing.  I digress.  My mom suffered her stroke on March 6, 2008 between 5:00 p.m. and until she was found approximately 10:00 p.m.  I know about 5 because it was the last time I talked to her and she said she wasn’t feeling well.  We told each other we love you.  There's nothing like a mother's love.  Little did I know how much my life will change in those next few seconds.  I will never be the same.  My spirit told me to go see her and take her to the doctor’s office but mom told me don’t worry, she’ll be alright, and that she made an appointment to see the doctor in the morning.  Her morning never came.  She passed the day after Easter, March 24th.  Interesting enough I’m off this Sunday which is March 6, 2011.  It’s supposed to be a very rainy, gloomy day, a stay-at-home day.  I wouldn’t be much help around people.  I will need to be alone with myself that day to reminisce.  My point is we have to let go and let God.  I think that it is important to realize how blessed we are and not to take anything for granted.  I know that it is hard to release that control to someone we don’t see but our faith and developing that relationship will make things easier.  Losing someone you love is never easy even if they are still alive.  You gave them your heart and they decided that it wasn’t good enough so you parted ways.  But losing your loved one from a sickness or death, I can’t begin to explain the emptiness.  There is no comparison.  Again, I can only speak for myself.  We can get over lost loves and broken hearts finding another to replace what we lost.  There are just some people in our lives that can never be replaced.  My mother was such a person.

No comments: