What's Your Excuse, Now?: Gestures Of Love!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Gestures Of Love!

I overslept this past Sunday morning so I went to another church instead of my own.  I don’t like attending any functions late.  I usually go to St. Peter’s downtown as my backup or St. Martin de Porres if it’s very late.  The last time I attended St. Pete’s, I noticed that a young married couple in the front two pews ahead of me was pregnant.  This time they had their brand new little girl with them.  It wasn’t anything odd about their attentiveness to their baby but I found it interesting how subconsciously they were always touching each other either by standing, sitting, or kneeling very close to each other.  One can see how much they were in love with each other.  They reminded me of that old feeling.  Sometimes we forget what love means when some of us have had problems with it in the past.  We’re hesitant about starting something that might end in pain.  We might even push love away if we’re afraid of being hurt again.  Then, sometimes, just sometimes, when you thought it was all over, when you least expected it, the dream you put on the back burner comes to life when that someone enters into your life with intelligence, seductive eyes, gorgeous smiles, a fine looking garden and the desire to love you as much as you love them. It’s not that opposites attract but commonality in the same beliefs that can be the magnet.  That young couple displayed a sincere effort to show each other how much they meant to one another.  I like that kind of closeness, loving being loved by the one you love.  Some folks celebrate their life of being single, I don’t knock them.  I want more sharing my life with the woman that loves me.   I wish the new parents and child the best of everything.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos