What's Your Excuse, Now?: Who Am I To Criticize?

Friday, August 12, 2011

Who Am I To Criticize?

Certain words can trigger negative reactions. We’ve all had past relationships and are currently in new ones. We or our loved ones at some time have said something that brought the wrong response. Unintentional statements are the ones most confusing since they were not meant for the explosive results afterwards. No matter how careful you want to be, you still seem to mess up. I’m talking about words that you sincerely thought would not offend anyone. What makes it even more complicated is that it seems unacceptable for you to stand up for yourself. In other words, you can’t explain yourself. Webster online dictionary definition for Explain is: 1 a: to make known b: to make plain or 2: to give the reason for or cause of 3: to show the logical development or relationships of. To me, that does not sound like an excuse. Excuse is: a: to make apology for. b: to try to remove blame from. If I’m wrong, I will accept it. But, at least give me an opportunity to explain myself! Don’t just criticize me for my words and actions. For every action there is a reaction. If you’re eager to point out what I did wrong, do you notice your own wrongs, too? Luke 6:42 (NIV) states, “How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” We all want our relationships to work and we all have our faults. How can two people who love each other so much overcome their flaws? God must be a part of their lives day in and day out. Otherwise, the enemy’s will destroy anything that is of God. We all have heard of 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (NIV); 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. I still get excited when I see and be with the love of my life. I may act childish at times around her but she is still my baby. But we all got work to do.  Remember: It's not all about you or all about me. It has everything to do with us opening the door for God's blessings.



No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos