What's Your Excuse, Now?: Why Are You Complaining Now?

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Why Are You Complaining Now?


Let’s face it. I’ve defended Dubya in the past because I thought he was not totally responsible for a lot of mishaps the nation faced. I liked the man. You’re not going to please everyone all of the time, anyway. But we need to be realistic, while the economy was going down the pisser, Wall Street was stripping our pocket, and we were fighting wars, just to name a few. Frankly, we need to bring our military home from Iraq and Afghanistan. The money could be well spent here. But we’re protecting Pakistan & India, since they are nuclear while keeping a squinted eye on Iran. Yes, I’m speculating. I do know that the Russians didn’t beat the Afghans and we won’t either. Whatever the real reason we have so many troops over there protecting somebody’s interest, we should leave a small surgical force and withdraw the majority. During all this time we heard very little from the ultras and far right. It was fine as long as the middle-class, poor and underprivileged were kept out of the loop and the middle didn’t even know we were being screwed. The poor and underprivileged have been so used to unfairness that they have grown numb. Yet, the premise is black folks are on welfare and lazy. Now let’s understand that we had years of immigration problems on all of our borders but that was put under the table. Even “Maverick” & Lindsey" were working on a project to deal with all of these Hispanics crossing America’s borders. But when the elections came up that project was dropped and barely mentioned. You don’t think gaining any Hispanic voters had anything to do with it do you? Hell, we could have hit the businesses that were hiring these undocumented aliens but that would be too right. (Pun?) I suppose they were creating jobs; for undocumented aliens. Where were the voices and Fox then? Nevertheless, worlds of complaints are being directed towards this president for not handling these border problems fast enough. Yet, deportation of illegal immigrants increased under Obama’s watch. Hells bells, we had eight years to deal with it but the voices of discontent are concerned with what’s going on in 20 months. All I have heard is complaining, whining, and criticizing about what’s not being done and what is done is all so wrong. But I have yet to hear any remedies or solutions to approach the problem from either side. I’ve always been fair in assessing racial climates and situations because I did this in the military but it does seem that hate, not just disagreement is coming out of the woodwork. And don’t bother to approach me with the race card! Never in the history of these United States, did anyone expect a black man to become the President of the United States. All Black folks wanted were to be treated equally and fairly and have the same opportunities as any other race. Never in any of our ancestors lives were there thoughts that there would be blacks running for the highest office in this country esp., president. I know that some folks will use the race card as a smoke screen for distraction. And let’s not think that I’m sensitive. Get a life; nobody is trying to take anybody’s world away from them. But remember, while you look in one direction, your real enemy will come in when you least expect it. I wonder what would have been said if the Republicans had won the election. Remember, I’m a RINO, because I’m obviously not ultra enough, hence the name. I could resort to name calling, too, but what would that solve? I lived long enough to see powers that are on top, fall to bottom. I’m beginning to care less about either party. One thinks that enough has not been done while the other’s strategy is to obstruct and disagree. Dayum!! All they do is throw rocks at each other while civility and respect have been exchanged for name calling, complaining and disrespect. Anyway, would the McCain/Palin team have done any better? Would their interests lie elsewhere? We may never know because there is bigger fish to fry. You might wonder if I’m defending Obama, hell yes. I defended Dubya, too, but never Cheney! Like I said you’re not going to satisfy everyone and each of them have/had policies that I do/did not like. But for my part, I don’t believe in kicking a dead horse. What’s done is done. Now what are we going to do about it? We can work on changing it, correcting it, or just stand on the sidelines and complain. But whatever you do, be freaking fair about it! Obama made some great speeches and promises while he was campaigning, but I think he found out that the political machine in the Capital is very stubborn esp., when doing day-to-day governing. You might be a great speaker but operating centuries old machinery and dealing with people who are the same age and want to keep the same old machinery can be a ball-breaker. Still, there were 70 million people who voted for him. We had during the past 8 years a difficult time, two recessions, Katrina, a couple of wars and the worst act of terrorism made by foreigners in the history of our country. Let’s not forget the innocents killed by our own domestic terrorists in the Oklahoma City Bombings, Tim McVeigh and co-conspirators Terry Nichols & Michael Fortier. They did use a weapon of mass destruction. Either Obama is losing his cool or the people that work for him maybe both are gasping for air. It seems to me that they are trying too hard to please everybody, jumping to conclusions, and adding some controversial statements. They have to understand that no matter what they do, so people will never like them! They didn’t vote for you anyway. I won’t address the BS that blacks voted for him because he’s black. Remember, they didn’t think he was black enough! Some even went as far as suggesting that Bill Clinton was the first black president. We all are armchair quarterbacks who sit watching the plays and scream from the sidelines while not playing in the game at all. Those athletes have to focus and be on stop of their game because they might be traded to another team one day and they will won’t to stay fit. If we’re not in the game, playing, contributing, encouraging, or supporting, we need to shut up! I think I’ve written enough on this topic. I’m done. In the future, I’ll just reference this journal.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos