What's Your Excuse, Now?: August 28, 2010

Saturday, August 28, 2010

August 28, 2010


Martin Luther King's son, Martin Luther King III, and King's niece, Dr. Alveda King, found themselves on opposing sides when it came to the Glenn Beck rally.

What an interesting day, today! In DC, there were two marches held in tribute to the 46th anniversary of Dr. King’s “I Have A Dream” speech. One led by Rev. Al Sharpton and the other by Glenn Beck. From what I heard from the news both were peaceful. Thank the Lord! Beck kept to his word and left out politics, he somehow managed to control Sarah, too! Even the protesters kept their level of hostility down. Though when interviewed some used their buzz words and apparently were looking for much more from Beck. Beck used the “God” card and it worked. You can’t act unchristian in the public unless you’re just that evil. It would have been a wonderful surprise had both marches connected and rallied together in unity as Dr. King’s March did. I know there were different reasons then, equality, voting rights, jobs, etc. for black people. Now it seems that Beck’s group were marching for equality, jobs, and returning America to its former state. I’m not sure what that means. I’ve never been privileged or able to go wherever I want. Simply, the color of my skin is still not accepted in certain circles. But, I’m not going to whine over it. God knows what He is doing and I’m special to Him.

By the way, this is the fifth anniversary of Katrina. Unless you’ve been in a cave or just don’t care about fellow Americans, you are out of touch.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos