What's Your Excuse, Now?: Others To Lean On

Monday, April 5, 2010

Others To Lean On

I want to apologize to my readers about discussing my political views. I got frustrated on the state of our national divisiveness that I vented my own take about partisan politics. I know that there are some of us that will not like the other person for whatever reason but I do believe that we should at least respect each other.

As you all know, the month of March, all Thursdays, and the day after Easters are rough for me now. Easter is such a glorious time!  But I want to give some recognition to people who understood and proved that no man is an island. Lt. Russell Wilson gave me a beautiful card on March 24th marking my mom’s 2 years. His father passed 7 years ago on that date. Cheryl Anderson’s father just recently passed this year on that date and Kathy Solkofske’s father passed last year on that date. It’s amazing how much we all share in this life when we take the time to listen to each other. We never know what others are going through. I tend to think that my problems have priority over others until I learned that compared to other people’s problems, I really don’t have any major problems. I am blessed everyday and still manage to forget it. Miracles are happening all around me and I still don’t see them as I should. We need each other to lean on regardless of our differences. It can be our differences that can unite us, if we just take the time to listen and respect each other.  It starts with little acts of kindness towards each other.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos