What's Your Excuse, Now?: What A Merciful God We Serve!

Monday, April 26, 2010

What A Merciful God We Serve!

I allowed Satan to rob me of my joy today. The joy from enjoying the mercy and forgiveness the Lord has given me from not attending Mass this weekend. God has forgiven me but I couldn’t forgive myself. Here’s my brief explanation. All I could think about all day were the many gifts of He has given me that I take for granted. I woke up, I still take care of myself, I have all my faculties and senses and I have a job to keep food on the table and a roof over my head. Have I forgotten who gave me this? No, but I acted like I did. Our God is a good God! He knew what I was going to do before I knew and He forgave me. I allowed Satan, who does not deserve any more discussion, to plant the seed of doubt about God’s infinite mercy and forgiveness. I had to express my feelings about this one more time so that if any of you ever experience this particular guilt that I am going through, I want to understand that we have a powerful supporter. God has our back when we think that no one else does. Thank you, Lord, for restoring my confidence!

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos