What's Your Excuse, Now?: Forgive Me, Lord, For I Have Sinned!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Forgive Me, Lord, For I Have Sinned!

I didn’t go to Mass today, no excuse. I usually go on Saturday evenings instead of Sunday mornings to meet my obligation. But this morning, I wanted to stay in and look at the TV ministers. Subconsciously, I was hoping that it would rain and I love to stay in when it rains. Anyway, I listened to TD & Joel, for those of you who recognize those names. For those of you who don’t, they are TD Jakes & Joel Osteen. Two different styles of preaching but both have the same great messages. Still, I felt guilty for being lazy so I turned off the TV and listened to the radio. Yes, I wanted to give God time but how selfish and unappreciative I was by not going to His House. I listened to more preaching this morning than I normally do when I go but it was not enough. I realize that the guilt I was feeling was from the enemy than from our forgiving & merciful Father. It still didn’t make things better for me when one of the “air wave” preachers mentioned that if it wasn’t for God, we wouldn’t be where we are and should give Him time in God’s House. Talking about stepping on your toes no matter where you are, the Word is always straight and true. I’m bringing this up because too many times we are too busy judging others for things that they do wrong. I will say in my defense that the preacher did say that those of you that go to church on Sundays aren’t any better if they are not practicing love and forgiveness the rest of the week. It does feel like not being thankful for the many blessings He’s given me. I guess you can say I’m doing a public confession with this submission today. So learn to forgive others and stop beating yourself up when you make mistakes. Try not to do it again.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos