What's Your Excuse, Now?: Thoughts!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thoughts!

Most of my young adult life, I sought after riches, fame and love.  I thought I found love but the others were always beyond my reach.  I’d gain a little and lost some but never considered myself successful.  I’ve even lost relationships because they felt I wasn’t making enough money or showed enough material gain for them, even my love wasn’t considered loyal enough.  It becomes a challenge when you think you’re always being tested.  In the process, I realized that I was blessed that even though I didn’t always have what I wanted, but I didn’t lack for anything I needed.  I was always contented but still tried to grab the brass ring.  I’ve seen enough of those that were considered “successful” struggled so much that they never had time to sit back and enjoy their results.  They wanted more.  Some laid awake in the middle of the night wondering and hoping that they’ll make the payments on the eye candy that were being shown to the public.  Yes, they left me because I wasn’t making the money they wanted, but my God, my God, He never left me.  And I am still happy!  It just goes to show you that the standards of success are in the eyes of the beholder.  I’ve been searching for the wrong things.  As a young man, my faith was in what I could do.  I limited myself because it was not enough.  Young people should seek wisdom and understanding while they are still young.  Faith and patience will follow!  Remember that your faith in God will accept the fact that you are where He wants you to be.  So be patient and faithful, God will never leave you.  It is still never too late to develop faith. God is good all of the time!

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos