Tuesday, August 25, 2026

Walking in the Rain!

Rest in Peace, Dolly Parton. Transitioned on August 25, 2026.

One of my favorite ways to pass the time is watching people briskly walking around in the rain. I particularly enjoy it when vloggers capture the weather on camera, even when it's stormy outside. People sprint around with umbrellas, ponchos, plastic bags, and no hats, doing their best to dodge the rain. Some people have coverings, while others don't, and they take their time walking, seemingly unaware of getting wet. These are the folks who catch my interest the most. I find myself curious about what’s on their minds. I already understand what the sprinters and dodgers are up to. They’re seeking shelter, wanting or trying to stay dry. That’s their focus, and I can guess that some might be avoiding the lightning and thunder. But my curiosity makes me wonder about the others who are taking their time. What are they thinking? Are their actions due to another purpose? 

I've come across baby carriages of many different sizes and styles, spanning from the past into the future. Some resembled tiny cars, while a few were so large they took up half of a New York sidewalk. Even though they seemed big enough for two people to manage easily, let's not forget that it takes one hand to hold an umbrella while pushing one. 

I noticed how a New York vlogger captured some interesting moments from different parts of the city, really highlighting the variety in how people respond to bad weather. It’s so fascinating. Tourists in Manhattan and around Times Square often hurriedly run when it rains, while those near Central Park and on the Upper East Side tend to take a leisurely stroll, enjoying the weather. Of course, there are always those exceptions! Personally, I have a soft spot for the rain, thunder, and lightning. I usually prefer to stay indoors during thunderstorms, but I find walking in the rain incredibly soothing and peaceful. 

For me, it's interesting to wonder about their day.  What kind of mood they're in, how their attitude from home or work influences them, and how they respond to the bad weather outside since they're caught in it. It could be any number of things that may be important to them and minor to others. We all experience good and bad days, and those moments can really change how the day feels. 

Whenever I watch them, I feel like I’m witnessing my brothers and sisters in Christ, no matter who they are. Even if some dislike me, they're like our own family members. It’s a comforting and unifying feeling when you are used to it. 

No comments:

Walking in the Rain!

Rest in Peace, Dolly Parton. Transitioned on August 25, 2026. One of my favorite ways to pass the time is watching people briskly walking ar...