What's Your Excuse, Now?: Try To Stay On The Right Path!

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Try To Stay On The Right Path!


He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake (Psalm 23:3).


Lead me, O Lord, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face (Psalm 5:8).

Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies (Psalm 27:11)

A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps (Proverbs 16:9).

The longer we live the more choices we have to make.  We can get distracted by choosing something new and different as we progress with knowledge, experience and skills.  We get to a certain point that we believe we are responsible for our own destiny and in some ironic way, we are.  Ironic, because we make choices on our own and refuse to take responsibility for the consequences if the action results in failure.  We all reach forks in the road that can change our lives.

I have walked on these same trails for years and just recently realized that the paths I have been taking have been the same.  But I noticed that along the way tree roots are causing the concrete sidewalks to crack and become unleveled.  Some parts are being overcome by the natural growth around them and the areas are starting to look the same. You can get lost if you’re not careful.  In fact, I did get lost when I reversed the direction that I usually walk.  It took me 4 ½ hours to find my way back where I started.  I prayed sincerely to God to help me find my way through these unfamiliar areas.

Is this so different from our own lives?  Everything seems to be going just fine until we get off track or knocked off our feet.  It could be due to our own choices or reasons beyond our control.  Nevertheless, our faith is tested.  We don’t know if our demise is due to the enemy’s distracting techniques. We could be getting closer in our walk with God and the devil knows it or it could be God steering us in the right direction because we were already on the wrong path.


We don’t know why God is leading us a certain way.  We may not understand the reasons behind our challenges.  But God will make up for our ignorance by the Holy Spirit.  We’ll get the victory if we be faithful and trustful in His divine guidance.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path (Psalm 119:115).

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos