What's Your Excuse, Now?: Lord, I Am Not Worthy … (Matthew 5:13)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lord, I Am Not Worthy … (Matthew 5:13)

Yes, Lord, I am not worthy to receive you, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.  Restore in me the faith that I lost believing in myself.  You believed in me when nobody else did.  It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks, it’s what I do that is pleasing in your sight.  They don’t know what I’ve been through or going through.  They judge me and don’t know me.  But You knew me before I was born and You knew the purpose that I was created for.  Strengthen me with wisdom and understanding, Lord, so that I can share the blessings with others.  Make me an instrument of Your Will to direct my voice to say the right words guiding my brothers and sisters in the direction You want us to go.  We all have lost direction from so many trials and tribulations that seem to surround us.  We lost our stability when we lost sight of you and the waves of despair and hopelessness toss us about.  My friends and family mock me because I chose to follow you.  And as a result, I have lost them.  I never renounced them or criticized their ways because who am I to judge?  We are all weak and stumble through this maze called life.  The people we loved are no longer with us, you have taken them home to be with You.  There is emptiness left in our hearts along with the memories they left behind.  Your servant David was a man after Your heart.  David was an imperfect man, a man that stumbled and fell, but he kept You first.  David and so many others who did Your Will are examples for all us to follow as men who are imperfect but want to do the right thing in Your sight, Lord.  But, didn’t Your Son, Jesus, select imperfect men to be His Apostles?  They were examples for all us to follow.  They changed their ways and so can we.  It’s not easy doing to right thing.  The ways of the world can choke us like thorns. Maybe, it’s not really life or its difficulties we have the problems with.  Maybe, the problem is dealing with ourselves and the choices we make.  Lord, I will not renounce my love for You and I am thankful for Your many blessings.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos