What's Your Excuse, Now?: Isaac Hayes - Walk on By

Friday, January 7, 2011

Isaac Hayes - Walk on By

Sometimes I ask for too much, too quickly. As the saying goes, “Be careful for what you ask for, you might get what you want.” And what you get might not be what you want in the long run. If I stand back, it will seem that I’m withdrawn and aloof. If I jump in, I’m aggressive and too forward. I’m fighting too hard in the name of commitment. Finding that medium will be a task because being a centrist might be viewed with more caution. I do know that it is difficult to accept someone and at the same time wonder if their spirit is in-sync with yours. Maybe sitting on the sidelines might not be that bad after all. One thing is for sure, pride can get in the way. Pride can do you in. It was foolish of me to think that I could change your heart from someone who never left and to think that I could.


No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos