What's Your Excuse, Now?: Moments!

Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Moments!

            The thought came to me today regarding how moments should be cherished.  It could be due to me getting older and accepting that I will not be on the earth forever.  Also, listening to the beautiful music of string violins, violas, cellos, and pianos could put me in a melancholy mood.  I cannot ignore laughing with my wife and having serious conversations about discussing whatever we want are moments. Walking, listening to concerts, and sharing our time are moments when we can do things together.  Moments,  when people can share with each other.  Moments and times when opportunity will never happen again in this lifetime.

 

            We often take these moments for granted until we realize how important they were after they passed, especially after our friends and loved ones have.  I won’t discount disappointments or discouragements.  They are memorable, unforgettable moments that will always impact our lives.  They will always be reminders of our choices and will most likely never leave.  The Japanese have a saying for the concept, “Ichi-go, Ichi-e, meaning “Once in a Lifetime.”  Enjoy the present moment as it is unique and unrepeatable.

 

            Sometimes, I was uninterested or not wanted to go or participate in any event or function.  When I did go, I was apprehensive or skeptical, but it was over, I truly enjoyed myself.  I’ve learned to become present; even though it took some time, I became more aware of the opportunity I was given.  I hope you do the same one day.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos