What's Your Excuse, Now?: I Do Not Interpret Dreams!

Monday, January 23, 2012

I Do Not Interpret Dreams!

This article started out from a simple email and phone conversation but it got me really thinking.  A friend sent me an email last weekend about a dream she had and wanted several of us to interpret it for us.  I’m not even good at guessing, so dream interpretation is out of the question.  I didn’t answer the email.  Later, she forwarded me a response from one of the recipients with a note that said, “Look what so & so said.”  I still didn’t reply.  A few minutes later I got a phone call from my friend asking if I read her email and what did I think?  I told her that so & so was right!  “Why”, she asked?  Because the first thing typed was, “Pray for revelation!”  To me, that was a good answer.  I believe that once God gives you the answer, what other answer do you need?  You don’t need a second opinion.  This is spiritual related, not medical.  The prophets and kings in the Bible knew it or either learned it later.  God makes the impossible, possible, because He is able and no one is greater.  We tend to want an immediate answer and one that we want to hear.  We all love and believe in God, but we all have our moments of weakness.  Our disappointments are God’s appointments.  We can’t see that because that’s who we are.  God wants us to use these difficult situations and circumstances to help us grow and be better people.  It’s hard to deal with rejections and failures.  But we have to believe if God didn’t believe in us we wouldn’t be who we are.  It’s bad enough that we don’t believe in ourselves.  Back to the dream interpretation dilemma, when it’s time to be revealed, she will recognize the significance.  Prayerfully, she will learn more about herself.  She is a good person but like many of us still searching for more, for something to believe in.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos