What's Your Excuse, Now?: Special Moments!

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Special Moments!

We talked about Snapshots, which is to me, another name for a Kodak Moment.”  That special shot that is a one-in-a-million moment caught on film.  We all have had those special moments that we might have missed because we didn’t have a camera at the time.  But we have our memories!  Special moments not only include loves, kisses, births, marriages, divorces, deaths, but jobs, experiences, sacrifices, and survivals.  The good times we laugh and smile about while the bad times we cry and suffer over.  I can’t speak for everyone else but I can for myself.  It was those times when I thought I was alone that I didn’t trust God enough to know that He never left me.  How foolish can one be when he talks faithfulness but doesn’t put forward his belief?  I’ve been in the valleys but thank God, I learned that He was the only one to bring me out of them.  Don’t misunderstand me, God placed all the resources and people around you to get you through it all.  In some of my special moments I doubted what could or would be best for me.  In those darkest moments, I didn’t always see “the light.”  I only saw pity and despair.  I didn’t lift my hands or my head towards the mountain where my Lord, Jesus and all my help came from.  But in His infinite love and mercy for all of His Children, God heard my cries.  And believe me, I am eternally grateful.  Most of us have read Footprints.  For years, only Anonymous, as the writer, appeared at the bottom.  I’m not sure who wrote it but some credit has been given to Mary Stevenson who wrote it sometime in the late 1930s.  When we think we’ve gotten through some hopeless moments by ourselves, we have to look back and face the blessed facts that God carried us through these times of trouble.  We have special moments every day and take them for granted.  You pray for me and I’ll pray for you, we need each other to survive this journey we call life.  Prayer does change things. To God, we give the glory!

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos