What's Your Excuse, Now?: Thank You, Ladies!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thank You, Ladies!

Last week was Thanksgiving and some of us spent it alone without the people we care about.  Life takes us on rollercoaster rides all of the time and some of those times we want to get off.  But, most of the time we stay on to see where we end up.  It’s up to us how we hold on.  We must focus on the positive and seek encouragement and give encouragement to each other.  I want to give a big blessing request to Ms. Corine Bennett & Ms. Miriam Anthony, two of the sweetest, wisest, and dearest ladies, you’d be blessed to know.  Ms. B. invited me over last Sunday for dinner for just the two of us.  She left me a phone message and told me be at her home for dinner.  It wasn’t an order but still a subtle command as a godmother who expects her godson to show up without any questions.  And without any questions, I went.   I sincerely enjoyed our Thanksgiving together.  Ms. A., a wonderful practicing Catholic and lady, baked me my favorite rum cake.  She sent it via her daughter but I really expected a slice.  I would have never guessed that it was a whole cake.  There have been many blessings that I have received from God and many of them were unexpected.  Nevertheless, I am sincerely grateful for all of them.  I still ride the rollercoaster as we all will do, but when I feel like I might be losing control, I just reach out as Peter to touch the hand of Jesus.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos