What's Your Excuse, Now?: Rest In Peace, Uncle Robert!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Rest In Peace, Uncle Robert!

Another member of my family has moved on to their eternal rest.  He passed away due to a heart attack on December 8, 2010.  Uncle Rob was the youngest of the four siblings.  My father was the oldest.  My Aunt Dot is now the matriarch of the family and she, too, getting up in age.  My uncle was a good Christian man, understanding, compassionate, and patient father, grandfather and great grandfather.  He lost his wife 2 years ago about two weeks when my mom went to her heavenly rest.  Sometimes it’s hard to believe that they are gone.  I think back to childhood days and now regretted saying I’ll be glad when I grow up and get out on my own.  Life isn’t easy.  Maybe, there should have been classes on what to expect when you grow up, like how to handle finances, birth, marriage, divorce, relationships, and death.  Because the older you get, if you’re blessed, the more death and pain you’ll see and feel.  It’s hard to let go and if you don’t have a real friend that you can open up with about your feelings, it’s harder to keep your head straight.  We love you, Uncle Rob!

Our prayers are also with Elizabeth Edwards and her family.  She also passed December 8th after a long bout with cancer.  Keep your prayers going for the unknows because they mean something to somebody.  Not everyone is famous but they are to the ones that love them.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos