What's Your Excuse, Now?: How Did I Get To This Point!!!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

How Did I Get To This Point!!!

This is a subject I know nothing about but I feel a need to discuss it.  My intention for this site was to be encouraging to others but mainly for me to express my thoughts as a kind of therapy.  Sometimes the right word at the right time can help the right person.  You never know who might need The Word when they’re feeling lost and depressed.  I don’t know the reason why someone would take their own life.  I don’t know what could cause them to feel that are a no longer a part of the grand scheme of things.  But somehow they feel that they at this darkest moment have nothing to contribute to their life and the lives of the people who will be affected.  I may never know them but in their indirect way, they will have an effect on me.  That indirect effect is drawing me to write this entry. I feel that this is one of the most serious entries I’ve thought of.  You see, I believe that God is in all of us.  He has given us choices to do good or evil.  Since God is love, He can only support the good in man.  He cannot associate Himself with evil but in the midst of that severe darkness He is still there.  In that darkness, we turned our backs on Him and chose the path of despair and depression.  There are other reasons besides choices that cause some people to seek peace. There could be some major medical reasons, chemical imbalances, financial, finding love in the wrong places or getting played for love.  Whatever has caused this lack of will to live was enough to tip the scales to death.  It’s never too late!  Don’t let things get you down to this level.  Stop, think about what you’re about to do.  In fact, think long and while you’re thinking call somebody.  Call 911!  Don’t waste your gift.  You have more to contribute than you think.  If I only reach one person, then this is worth it.  Like I said, I don’t know much about this subject as with a lot of others but I have attached a few websites that may be helpful.  I realize that this is my feeble attempt to approach the subject of suicide but this is a problem that should be addressed.  I don’t know if it’s getting any attention until it hits close but it does have mine. I hope none of us encounter this struggle but do remember the websites for reference.

Below are a few links for help.


http://www.save.org/

http://depression.about.com/

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=100827

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos