What's Your Excuse, Now?: Happy Birthday & Thank You!!!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday & Thank You!!!


Ladies Night Out!!!  Good Looking "Bunch"!!!
A Beautiful Bouquet of Women!
I usually put my foot in my mouth which usually gets me into some hot water. Please understand that it’s not intentional, I’m direct and expect the same from others. So what I am about say is not meant to offend anyone. Happy birthday, Virgos! No, you are not any more special than the other months and signs. (Don’t put your faith in horoscopes.) It’s just that most of my family, friends, and associates were born from August 22 – September 23. I mean it. I just about have someone that I know for just about each of those days. What’s so interesting about this is that these are close friends. Some are past friends, old friends, new friends and even potential friends. The others are family members, in-laws, nieces, and nephews. Each of these people has made an impact in my life. Real friends are hard to find and harder to lose.  They are there when you need them even if you are angry with each other.  They will celebrate your ups and share your downs. Life is a learning experience but a friend recently told me that, “I have to let go of the past, forgive, and move forward.” Like I said, some of these people are in the past. Some of them won’t even look at this website and just never encouraged me on this. It is what it is. Simply said, I had their back but they didn’t have mine. I’m not the ass-kissing type of person to get along. Either we trust each other or don’t. It might hurt for a while but I will get over it. God has brought me too far to leave me and He has always placed an angel along the way in my life’s journey, though temporary, to guide me. I have learned that it is God’s timing, not mine, or anyone else’s that can speed up or slow down our destinies. I may not be the man others wanted me to be but as long as I trust in the Lord, I will be the man HE intended for me to be. Although you might have a special place in my life, know that God will always be first. If anyone can accept that and include HIM, we won’t have a problem that we can’t overcome. Life is short but we think it will last forever. That is why I want to say thank you all in case we may never hear from each other. I’m not getting morbid, but at Mass this weekend, a fellow parishioner, told me that her mother was literally dying in front of her. Her mother will be 91 years old in October. She is a beautiful woman and we often talked of her husband being stationed in Hawaii when they were young. I can imagine her vibrancy and love of life in her early years, now she is frail and just getting tired of living. No one can take the place of a mother on this earth. That’s why I said life is short and we squabble over trivial matters. Some say time is a great healer, others say sometimes its not.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos