What's Your Excuse, Now?: Desire, Need, and Action!!!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Desire, Need, and Action!!!

Reverend Colley dropped by today to drop me some knowledge. I enjoy talking to the Reverend. He gave me the analogy I used on Hide ‘n’ Seek and Lions, Tigers, and Bears. This time at his last Sunday’s sermon, he used children as an example. Rev. uses a basic technique of getting the Word across, he keeps it simple. Understand that Rev is an intellectual but he doesn’t use it as a stamp, he’s just a down to earth guy, who knows how to present himself. Most importantly, I, personally, needed this message. Last week’s sermon was on what were the 2 important questions children ask? I hope that you adults can go back a bit and think like children for a few minutes. Thought about it? What were the primary questions did we ask our parents, others, or ourselves? What is that? Why? Weren’t we inquisitive? Our young minds wanted to know what things were and why were they like that. We got the definition on what and the purpose on why. The answers satisfied our small minds because they made sense. We didn’t know any better, but we trusted that the grown-ups did. But as children, as many things that we did, we still tried to stay on track because we had a single-minded focus on what awaited us. Okay, change back into the adult mode now. We are so busy with the job, family, multi-tasking here and there that we spread ourselves thin. We get off track. You can’t pay bills if you don’t work. If you’re unhappy at your job, you can’t quit until you find something better. Your family needs you now more than ever, but if you’re getting stressful every time you’re home, something has to change. What do you do? We have forgotten as children to ask ourselves, what do we do? Why are we doing it? We must slow down and get back on track and ask these questions. We have to be honest with our answers, too. In order to get back on track, we need to know what our true Desire is. What real Need will we accomplish? And what Action(s) should we take? Don’t allow what you’re doing get in the way of where you’re going. I know that I didn’t say or exactly quote word for word what Reverend Colley said but this about sums it up. We must become like Little Children in our way of thinking and acting. I’m reminding myself more than you why I am here on this earth…to get to my heavenly home. I get distracted at times, but a friend sent me an email reminding me that “we ought to develop godly friends. These are the Christian brothers and sisters who will laugh, cry, and empathize with us. Above all, believers need friends who will continually point them to God and pray over them.” Don’t forget to click on the red bold printed words, they are links to point you in the right direction.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos