What's Your Excuse, Now?: Missing My Mother!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Missing My Mother!

My mother truly loved being kind to people, it seemed to be her nature. Even when I was young she was either running errands for the shut-ins or cooking dinners on Sundays for them. I remember because we had to make those deliveries. Little acts of kindness go a long way. She seemed to know most people but spoke to everyone. During her quiet moments when we would all watch TV together, I can still her laughter at the funny scenes. I remembered when we went to see the Passion of Christ how much she cried at His scourging and the horrible abuse he received from the hands of men. Whenever she cried, I cried. Mom said how can anyone be treated so bad. As I have gotten older, I see what she meant. Now when I look at movies that make me laugh, I think of her and tear up because the joy reminds me of her. I miss my mother, she was my best friend. I am so thankful to God for giving me all of these years with her. There are many of us that are/were blessed with wonderful mothers. There are also these new mothers that are starting there legacies now. You can see and hear how much they are involving themselves in their children’s lives. I work with these mothers and they are wonderful, too! I pray that their children will realize it one day!

No comments: