What's Your Excuse, Now?: How Great Is Our God!

Thursday, December 12, 2013

How Great Is Our God!

Driving to work this morning gave me time to think how blessed I am.  Despite the heavy traffic and rain, I reminisced about how much I miss my mother.  There is not a day that I don’t think about her.  I am so grateful to God that I had so much time with her. I am sure there are so many others that feel the very same about their love ones, too.  I find it more amazing that I think of my brother every day, also.  I know that we were not that close in our younger days but since my mom’s transition, I pray for his welfare and safety everyday.  As I get older, I find God’s presence in my life more than ever.  Since, my elevator experience, my friend has given me so much insight on the power of faith that I have to smile to myself and get teary-eyed when I think of her unrequited love for and unwavering faith in God.  How great is our God?  Greater than our faith and beyond any description that we can find words or descriptions for.  Christmas and Easter were two of my mother's favorite holiday seasons!  She loved them all that celebrated the love of God but these two were very special to her.  I will pay homage to her by seeking the real reasons for the birth, death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior.  Maybe, I'll be a better man doing so.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos