What's Your Excuse, Now?: See You Later!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

See You Later!

See You Later!

 
I know, I said that love is temporary,
You knew what I meant.
You understood, because you
Were heaven sent.
 
Well, heaven called you back home.
To me, it was much too soon.
I miss you, sweet pea. You knew
Me better than anyone.

I miss the noise,
the clatter in the kitchen.
I missed the chance for
The words I should have mentioned.
 
I thought I would have the time.
I didn’t think that it would be too late.
We take so much for granted
But God had already set the date.

Our bed is cold.
I sleep on your side every now and then.
The bedroom is still the same,
I couldn’t bear to make a change.
 
I miss your laughter,
I miss your smile.
I miss your anger,
I miss your smell.
 
The baby still doesn’t know
That you’re gone.
Little Kenzie still calls your name
Even though we visit your grave as much as we can.
 
I miss your voice,
I miss your touch.
I miss your love.
I miss you, honey.
 
I’ll see you later, my dearest.
I hope it’s in the same place.
I long for that day
To see you face-to-face.

“A Part of Things”
E. S. Litman



No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos