What's Your Excuse, Now?: Am I Giving God The Proper Respect?

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Am I Giving God The Proper Respect?

I’ve been thinking about this for some time and have been very objective with my answer. My answer is no, I’m not giving God proper respect. I’ve been developing a relationship with Him so that when I do enter valleys, I know that He is with me. My intentions are to praise Him in the good times and in the bad. God won’t take you so far and then leave you. If anything, we leave Him. But back to my answer on respect. I’d like to think of myself as a Christian but sometimes in this life I’m living, I’m not always being Christ-like. To respect God, I must begin with myself and then my fellow man. The dilemma is knowing exactly what respect is. One of Webster’s definition of respect is: To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed. Again, I ask, am I giving God the proper respect according to this definition? If respect is towards another means this, then I’m not even a tenth of the way towards giving God respect and honor. I must be still care careful not to confuse respect with obedience even though they both go hand in hand in honoring God. Choices, choices, choices. My choice is simple. Joshua 24:15.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos