What's Your Excuse, Now?: Thoughts About My Blog!

Friday, June 27, 2014

Thoughts About My Blog!

I started this blog some time ago to keep a journal about the things that happened in my life.  Instead, it expanded to a place for my opinions and thoughts.  Any way you look at it, this is my forum for sharing my feelings about what affects me.  No, I’m not talking about sensitivity I’m talking about the things and people that have affected me. I think we all have the same way of thinking but may not have the opportunity to put it on paper.  Some of our thoughts and actions are very confidential and we don’t want or need anyone to criticize us about the way we are.  There are lists of reasons not to record what we think or do.

I do this because I hope that it can help someone.  I’m not sure people even read my blogs but there will be a time that could help someone face their challenges and avoid making the wrong decisions.  For me, the blog is a platform to express myself, spiritually, emotionally and socially.  Notice that I did not say financially. You can’t talk about something you don’t know.

One thing we all know is that people and environments around us shape us into who we are.  We also know that if we develop our attitude it can help us change for the better.  We learn something from everyone in our journey of living, sometimes it’s good and sometimes not.  Sometimes what we thought was good for us turned out not being so good at all.  We can carry the not-so-good with us and wonder why we attract negativity to us.  We can put that mess behind us, forgive and move forward.  I learned after time that the people that “surprised” us did not care or lose any sleep for their offenses.  I also learned that I was not any different from them. What made me think that I was any better?  I have affected lives, too. I don’t recall losing any sleep on what I did but I can remember staying up at nights thinking about what other people did to me.  I hope you get the point.

Despite what you might think, we are not on this journey alone and actions affect others just as they affect us.  We have to face our inner selves and ask the strong questions.  What do we want from life?  How will we get it?  What will we sacrifice?  Who will this affect?  How long will it last?  Who can we trust to share our life with?  We can achieve our biggest dream, lose everything else to get it and we are still not guaranteed that we can even keep it.  We don’t even know how long we will even live to enjoy it! We need to figure out a way to get along with each other on this planet and make it happen. What is worth our objective?  Some objectives can be either success or getting into heaven.  Both are not easy but success does not have to be measured in dollars. What is your joy? You know what I’m talking about.

Each moment we live and breathe we should be grateful that we have another opportunity to do and be better!  Each day is a learning experience and I pray that we can get the best out of it!

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos