What's Your Excuse, Now?: Not Everyone Will Share Your Happy!

Monday, October 15, 2012

Not Everyone Will Share Your Happy!


Many years ago, a friend of mine told me that she was engaged and showed me her ring that same day. She was extremely happy and excited while she showing it to me. I asked her if he loved her more than me. Oh, yeah, I failed to mention that I wanted more from her than just friendship. She knew how I felt but it was more important how she felt towards her fiancĂ©e. She shrugged it off and said, “Aren’t you happy for me?” In a way, I was but in another way, I accepted the fact that I lost the battle. I saw my friend being whisked away and no longer being a part of my life anymore. I wasn’t ready to immediately share her Happy. I saw my Happy being taken away. How selfish is that? They didn’t get married, but I wasn’t happy about it. I had gotten over the fact this man had made her happy and now she’s sad because of this guy. Instead of taking advantage of her vulnerability, I set out to become her best friend and she became mine. Over the years, we have shared our ups and downs and are able to talk about anything and everything that has happened in our lives with the sincerest trust and confidentiality. We are best friends and in any relationship that I may be involved in, it is important to me that I be honest enough to share that info with the new person. She shares my Happy. Let’s be clear we are not having an affair, we are on a level that transcends pettiness. When I told her about meeting the new woman in my life, even if it has only been three weeks, she shared my Happy. My new friend is secure with herself not to be concerned over small matters. We take things one day at a time and have been through our share of disappointments. It’s amazing that I got the opposite feelings from another female friend who started trashing men and simply being wrong with her accusations. Yet, she gave no sign to me that she wanted anything more than just being a friend. Even though, she never had the time to do anything with me, she was always too busy. It’s perplexing, but not everyone will want to share your Happy. This is life! We don’t know how we’ll react until we face adversity.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos