What's Your Excuse, Now?: Sunday was Fantastic and I Found Spring in the Fall! On The Elevator Ride That Changed My Life!

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sunday was Fantastic and I Found Spring in the Fall! On The Elevator Ride That Changed My Life!

This past Sunday morning, September 23, 2012, I picked up my Godmother so that we can go to Mass together. We had lunch afterwards.  I needed to talk to her for advice and the changes I made in my life.  We had a great conversation and I did get some excellent advice that only wisdom and experience can offer.  After lunch we went for a ride through the city and looked at the sights.  It was a wonderful time.  My Godmother is in her 90s and she gets around better than a lot of younger folks.  My blessing is that she’s been a part of my life ever since I was a child. I had learned some accurate philosophies from her that still stands true to this day.  She is now the matriarch in my world.  We spent the better part of the day together and after I got her back home, I headed for the elevator when a young lady asked if I was going down.  I won’t go into the details but April & I talked in the parking lot for almost 2 ½ hours!  She was visiting an elderly uncle in the same building!  What I found interesting and stimulating was how positive and enthusiastic she was.  I was struck at the end of our conversation with her well defined explanation of how a marriage should be when built on a true relationship with God.  Bottom line, I was impressed, I learned a lot from April.  Yes, Sunday was filled with memories, opportunities and thought-provoking concepts.  It was a wonderful day!  Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What was said that captivated you so?

Solomon2007 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Solomon2007 said...

I apologize, April. My last response was very confusing, so I deleted it. To sum it up, the final statements you made came from your heart, not just from experience. I believed in what you said, but at that very moment, I believed in you. That was the closing argument. I hope I answered your question.

Gorillas & Rhinos