What's Your Excuse, Now?: March 6, 2012!!!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 6, 2012!!!



Four years ago in 2008, in the late Thursday evening, I had no idea that I would nearly drowned in the darkness of hopelessness. It was the day that was the last time I talked to my mother. It is as clear now as it was then of our last conversation. When we last spoke at 6 PM she told me that she wasn’t feeling well. I offered to go home to see her and she asked that I not to because she will be alright. After I called 30 minutes later and couldn’t reach her, I begin calling friends to go check on her. I called her every 30 minutes but to no avail. Each minute got longer and longer. By 11 PM, my friend told her that they found mom in a coma. That was the last we spoke. She passed March 24, 2008.  My life spiraled but I’m sure it was no different from others who had lost someone they loved. I didn’t think about anyone else at the time, only her. My brother had just celebrated his birthday on March 2nd. I’m sure his birthdays will always be different. I just wanted to get this off my chest today, because it was important to me. I have such fond memories of her that I will always cherish forever. Mom used to tell me that death is passage that we all will have to go through. I suppose my being so naïve even in middle age that she wouldn’t ever leave. I give God the glory and thanks for allowing to stay in my life this long. If it wasn’t for God and the supportive friends that He surrounded me with, I would not have maintained my stability. God is so good! He’s always been good to me, I just never noticed until I got older. As “the Preacher” says, “We don’t realize our mortality until we get older.” I pray for you and you pray for me.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos