What's Your Excuse, Now?: Don’t Push Me Into Heaven!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Don’t Push Me Into Heaven!

I’m not much of a funeral-attendee and ever since my mother’s transition, I’ve rarely gone to any other.  I can only remember 3, my uncle, Lila’s, and my god-sister’s son-in-law.  I tend to look at funerals like visiting the hospital, I’d rather keep the memory of the person being well.  Roger’s homecoming was not a sad one at all.  It had its moments of sadness but overall it was a time for joy and laughter.  I won’t bore you with all the details but I do agree with one of the pastors who said “we’re not going to talk this man into heaven.”  We shouldn’t have to talk anyone into heaven, their actions should speak for themselves.  We aren’t perfect, we were all born with original sin, but it is what we do later in life and the choices we make that will get us either closer to God or away from Him.  The question is how do we want to be remembered not just by the people we loved and loved us but the people we pass along the way on this road of life.  Ultimately, the only person that can get us into heaven is through Jesus Christ, Who is the way to the Father.

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos