What's Your Excuse, Now?: That Girl - Thanks Tia!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

That Girl - Thanks Tia!

That Girl



Head on her pillow tears streaming down.
She cries herself to sleep.
She feels alone and so insecure
Feeling the lies of this world cutting deep.

She paints her face to hide the shame
from weight she cannot bear
Jokes are made at her expense
She tries so hard not to care.

She’s the one who acts so tough
That most would never guess
Underneath that frail façade
Is hurt she can’t confess.

She’s the girl who will succeed
She’s way beyond her class
But no one knows she works so hard
Just to avoid her past.

I was that girl who felt alone
Who once was overweight
With walls built up to hide the hurt
I always made the grade.

But now I know I’m not alone
Whatever the scale may say
Found freedom in confession
And my worth in Christ will stay.



By Tia Deibert

No comments:

Gorillas & Rhinos